QuickBooks has been systematically combined to confer all the integrated accounting needs through robust features and functions. Minor glitches in the technological formats can lead to severe issues such as the QuickBooks Error 6010. This error is also called the company file error since it prohibits users from accessing the company fire or any data stored in it. It is crucial to repair the issue if the users want to regain their admission to the company file and begin using QuickBooks and its functions seamlessly. For this, we have made a detailed yet secured troubleshooting guide to help you productively terminate the error.
Company file errors can be complicated to deal with since they can risk numerous factors, such as data corruption and data loss. Hence, you must let the official QuickBooks data and company file experts settle this error for you. Call ‘1-855-856-0042’ and the point of professional who will provide round-the-clock effective troubleshooting services
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 6010
There is a probability that if you are not able to access the company file, then you wouldn’t even be able to use the QB application, which is why we need to start by evaluating the reasons with the help of the following points.
- Any technological corruption within the pathway or within the location where the company file has been stored can be significant and foremost suspected issue.
- The company file is associated with other vital files as well, and corruption in any of those files can result in such errors.
- 3rd party applications installed on the desktop may be hindering the track of the company file.
- The QuickBooks database server manager might have stopped working, because of which the files might have become untraceable.
- The QB application and the company file are both stored in external storage.
- Interruption of viruses or not updating the QB application and Microsoft Windows.
The above-listed causes can be fixed through foundational fixations such as updating the system, migrating the company file on QuickBooks to local storage, and so on.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Troubleshooting for the QuickBooks error 6010
Before the implementation of any troubleshooting, we need to ensure that there is no presence of any virus and that all the components are updated to their latest released versions. Nevertheless, temporarily disable antivirus software and proceed with the steps mentioned below.
Solution: Locate and Alter the name of the Network Data File
- You can easily find the network data file in the folder where the company file is situated.
- Once you find the file with the extension ‘.ND’, you must right-click on it and select rename.
- Modify the name by adding the ‘.old’ extension at the end of the file name.
- Ascertain not to alter any other part of the file name.
- Lock the changes and close the system, then restart it.
QuickBooks error 6010 will no longer be seen after the precise implementation of the above-listed troubleshooting resolution. For advanced troubleshooting settings and expert services, call ‘1-855-856-0042.
Really useful to learn: What to do When Your QuickBooks Can’t Find Company File?