The payroll is the most effective feature of QuickBooks. It helps users in sending direct deposit paychecks and payroll data, sending salaries, and filing taxes. It is important to update it timely for efficient use. But, while getting the latest program and payroll updates, users sometimes get QuickBooks payroll server not responding error. The error mainly occurs when the workstation is not connected to the network. However, following the correct troubleshooting procedure can help you eradicate the error. Follow the complete advisory blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks payroll connection error and troubleshooting solutions to fix the same.
If you are getting QuickBooks payroll server not responding error and looking for immediate troubleshooting assistance to fix it, give a call on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and consult certified QuickBooks professionals
What are the causes behind QuickBooks payroll connection error?
This payroll error in QuickBooks occurs due to the following reasons:
- Multiple programs are running simultaneously on the workstation.
- There is some problem connecting to the Intuit server.
- Interference from third-party applications is blocking program and payroll updates.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15271
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop payroll server error
Solution 1. Use Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix payroll server error
- Close the QuickBooks company file before you quit the application, and then open your web browser.
- From Intuit’s website, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the setup file somewhere you can easily access, like your Windows Desktop.
- Move to the desktop, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the instructions given on the screen to start installing the tool.
- Click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Next, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double-click to open it.
- When the tool hub opens, choose the Program Problems tab and select Quick Fix my Program.
- When Quick Fix my Program completes, restart QuickBooks Desktop and open your company file.
- After that, download the payroll update again.
Solution 2. Delete temporary internet files and browsing history from Internet Explorer
- Close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Move to the Tools menu, choose Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Head to the Browsing history section and delete everything.
- Click on the Temporary Internet Files and Website Files checkbox and select Delete.
- Open the Windows Command prompt, type ipconfig/flushdns, and tap the Enter key.
Solution 3. Change Internet Explorer settings to fix payroll error
- Open Internet Explorer, move to Advanced settings, and move to the Internet Options window.
- Check TLS 1.0 and uncheck the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 boxes.
- Next, choose the best option depending on your network availability.
- Also, make sure you are running QuickBooks in single-user mode while sending payroll.
We are hopeful that the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the advisory blog will help you resolve the QuickBooks payroll server not responding error. In case you face any difficulty performing them, dial 1-855-948-3646 and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance.
Recommended to read : Error 15101 QuickBooks Update