QuickBooks is a robust accounting application with various advanced features. It offers numerous services for excellent efficiency. Its QBCF Monitor Service and QuickBooks Database Server Manager allow users to work in multi-user mode. Sometimes, while using these services, users get QBCF Monitor Service not running on this computer error. The error basically occurs when the QuickBooks Desktop application you are using is outdated, or the database server manager is not set up correctly. Follow the complete article until the end to get more insights on QBCF monitor service terminated unexpectedly, such as causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
If you had trouble resolving QBCF Monitor Service not running on this computer error, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance
What are the root causes of the QBCF Service stopped error?
Below is the list of major reasons that trigger the error:
- QuickBooks services have been stopped or not running properly on the server computer.
- The version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager you are using is outdated.
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop QBCF Monitor Service not running error
Solution 1. Check multi-user hosting setup on the server computer
- Open the QuickBooks application, select the File tab and choose the Utilities option.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access option and click Yes to confirm.
- Make sure hosting is enabled only on the server computer and not on any workstations.
- To check, go to the QuickBooks File menu and look for the Switch to Single-user mode option.
- If you find the same, it means QuickBooks is running under multi-user mode and you need to change the settings by selecting the Switch to Single-user mode option.
Solution 2. Start QuickBooks Database Server Manager again on the server computer
- Start QuickBooks on your server computer and go to the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company, then Open a company file and find your company file.
- Click Next, mark the Open file in the multi-user mode checkbox and choose Open.
- Log in to the QuickBooks company file, select the File menu and click Close Company/Log off.
- When the company file gets closed on the server computer, click the Windows Start menu and type Database in the Windows search field.
- Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Also Read: quickbooks error 108
Solution 3. Update QuickBooks to get the latest version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open QuickBooks as an administrator, go to the Help menu, and click Update QuickBooks.
- From the Options menu, select Mark All and click the Save button.
- Choose the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox to clear previous updates.
- Click the Get Updates button to download the update and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Yes and accept the prompt to install the QuickBooks update.
We expect the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog above will help you fix the QBCF monitor service not running on this computer error. In case, none of them work, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and get direct assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.