Practicing hand hygiene is the basic step to ensure safety from harmful microbes that are present in the environment. Washing hands thoroughly with water and soap is the best-recommended way to keep germs and infections at bay.
However, washing your hands might not be always feasible, especially when you are not at home. For example, while travelling, attending a social gathering, visiting public places, etc., where handwashing is not possible, hand sanitizers can be your best companions to ensure protection against germs.
Hand sanitizers also known as hand rubs are used to effectively kill bacteria and viruses on hands. Generally, they are available in gel and liquid form, but have you ever wondered what makes both of these different?
Both gel-based and liquid rubs are different from each other in their physical characteristics and other factors, but both of them are known to provide safety from microbes. In this blog, we have covered all the facts and information related to gel and liquid sanitizers. So, read on!
Gel Hand Sanitizers
Gel hand sanitizers have a jelly-like consistency, meaning a thicker form of the physical composition of the ingredients. The alcohol-based gel sanitizers are widely used to keep hands germ-free.
Applying a gel sanitizer is as easy as applying a hand moisturizer as it stays in the palm and has lesser chances of spillage. You can evenly spread the right amount of the product by rubbing your hands together.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Gel sanitizers are convenient and easy to use
- They are less prone to spillage while you apply them to your hands
- Gel sanitizers are easy to carry while travelling as they come in portable packaging
- Ideal for providing instant protection against germs
- They are easy to dispense and handle
- Some of the gel-based sanitizers have moisturizing characteristics
Liquid Hand Sanitizers
As the name suggests, liquid hand sanitizers have a liquid-like consistency. These might feel lighter on the hands than gel-based sanitizers. They are generally available in a spray bottle for ease of application. In particular, liquid sanitizers are commonly found and used in public places. Here are some of their benefits:
- They are helpful in killing harmful germs on your hand
- They are simple to use because they are usually available in a spray container
- Liquid hand rubs enable disinfecting other items as well, such as phones and nearby surfaces
- They are non-sticky on the hands
- Liquid hand sanitizer dries quickly
How to choose the best sanitizer?
Now that you know the differences between gel and liquid hand sanitizer, let us have a look at a few tips on how to choose the right one to stay safe from germs:
- Make sure that the hand sanitizer contains at least 60% of alcohol
- Look for ingredients like aloe for softer hands
- Choose the one that comes in portable packaging if needed for travel purposes
- Ensure to follow the directions given on the label
- Choose sanitizer that leaves no sticky residue on your hands
As there are a variety of options available in the market, selecting the best sanitizer can be challenging for you. Try to keep the aforementioned points in mind while purchasing the product and avoid compromising your health.
To sum up, regardless of the consistency of the sanitizer, its effectiveness in killing germs and keeping you safe remains equal. Therefore, deciding whether to choose liquid or gel sanitizer totally depends upon personal preferences.
However, to ensure safety from harmful bacteria anytime and anywhere, options like Safekind hand sanitizer can help you gain the required protection. Their hand sanitizer contains 60% alcohol and also moisturises hands as it contains aloe vera and glycerine.