QuickBooks is real-time working software that uses the internet to perform its functions. The software is dependable and helps users with cloud storage to store their data securely. However, QuickBooks always remains at risk of developing internal errors that stop the software from working at its full compatibility. QuickBooks error 12031 develops when the software fails to connect to the internet due to incorrect Windows settings or network connection issues. If you also run into this issue while working in QuickBooks, explore this blog to find the reasons for the error and the techniques to resolve it from your PC.
Get this issue rectified by a QB support team by approaching them at +1-855-948-3646.
QuickBooks will not be able to execute online tasks after getting affected by this error due to the following causes-
- Low internet speed offered by your service provider and introduce lapses in the QuickBooks connection to the internet.
- An incompatible web browser is being used to perform QuickBooks functions.
- The SSL settings block QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
You may also like to read:- Fixed | Error initializing qbpos application log
Use the methods given below to fix the connectivity error in your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Compare your system’s internet speed with QB requirements and configure web browser settings
QuickBooks execute most bookkeeping tasks using the internet, and any issues with the internet connection cause the software functions to terminate. Lousy internet speed is a primary reason for the development of this error, as it breaks the software’s connection to the Intuit servers and damages files during the download. You need to find the internet speed on your computer using the steps below and take the necessary actions thereafter-
- Open Google’s homepage on your browser.
- Type ‘Internet speed test’ in the search field and run the test from the results.
- Let the test complete and compare the results with the QuickBooks requirements of 3Mbps average and 1.5Mbps average.
You must upgrade your network connection if it doesn’t provide the required internet speed. If the internet speed is adequate, you must try changing the web browser you use. An incompatible third-party browser develops issues while executing QB functions and integrating with Windows applications. Apply the steps provided below-
- Go to the control panel and click the Apps option.
- Tap the Default Apps option and select the Web Browser option.
- Choose Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer and save the settings.
- Open QuickBooks again and try performing the task that caused this error.
If QuickBooks is still infected with the error, jump to the next solution.
Solution 2- Erase the SSL state of Internet Explorer
This error can also develop due to incorrect internet explorer settings. You can fix the issue by fixing the settings as shown in the steps below-
- Open the Run window using Windows+R and type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the search field.
- Go to the Content tab in the Internet Properties window.
- Click the Clear SSL state option and reboot your computer.
- Reopen QuickBooks and perform the task again.
You read about the primary triggers of QuickBooks error 12031 while performing an online task. We hope the methods given in the blog are easy for you to execute and help you remove the issue from your QuickBooks.
If you encounter issues while using the methods, contact a QB support team at +1-855-948-3646.
Related article:- How to resolve the Rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop