6 Causes Of Rising Infertility Statistic In India

0
206
infertility treatment in chandigarh

“Couples in India are facing a challenge — infertility. “

Statistics show that due to excessive pollution, stress, processed food, and unhealthy eating habits, an alarming number of men and women in India are showing infertility symptoms. As per the reports of the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction, around 13-14% population of India are facing infertility issues, and most of them are urban couples. Unfortunately, this count is increasing with each passing year.

When it comes to infertility and fertility problems, doctors don’t often think that men are part of the problem. The traditional definition of infertility used by doctors is a case in which a couple has been trying to have a child for over a year without any positive outcomes. So, what doctors do when dealing with infertility is look at the female partner in the relationship. While this definition accounts for about 70 percent to 80 percent of all cases considered infertile, it leaves out about 20 percent or so of cases where it could be a male partner struggling with fertility issues. In fact, in many cases, women tend to get pregnant even though it was the man who had a higher infertility factor.

So, it’s clear that whether it’s a male or a female, anyone could be responsible for non-conception; we can’t discriminate against infertility based on gender. But what is the real cause behind sterility? Read on to know the significant factors that increase the rate of infertility in Indians.

  • Poor Lifestyle

Adopting a sedentary lifestyle has been one of the leading causes of infertility in developing countries like India. Smoking, drinking, and drug abuse are other factors that adversely affect one’s fertility. According to recent studies, infertility issues in people who lead unhealthy lifestyles are 20-30% higher. Hence, it is indispensable to exercise regularly and follow healthy eating habits.

  • Stress

One of the primary reasons behind increasing infertility is stress. Stress can affect fertility as it may affect ovulation. Modern couples are now under an immense amount of pressure as they have too many responsibilities on their shoulders, which takes a toll on their personal life as well.

  • Consumption Of Contraceptives

Birth control pills are very effective at preventing pregnancy. However, they can take as long as six months after a woman stops taking them to leave her system. This means she may not be able to get pregnant right away if she stops taking birth control pills.

  • Medical Issues

Infertility can be caused due to several medical conditions like an ovulation, PCOD, genetic disorders, and other disorders which affect ovulation. Other causes can be endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), uterine fibroid, and premature menopause. Hormonal imbalance, including thyroid issues, can also lead to fertility problems. The thyroid is a gland in the neck that produces hormones that regulate the body’s metabolism or uses energy. If the thyroid overproduced or under produced these hormones, a woman may experience irregular periods and difficulty getting pregnant.

Many renowned reproductive endocrinologists provide effective infertility treatment in Chandigarh and other parts of India. You can visit them to diagnose the underlying cause of infertility. 

  • Increasing Age

The most significant cause of infertility is the age factor. With age, the fertility rate declines, and it is not possible to conceive after a certain age. It has been seen that women have higher chances of getting pregnant before 35 years. After 35 years, the eggs start deteriorating and become non-functional after 40 years of age.

  • Environment & Pollution

Pollution and various environmental factors directly impact fertility in both men and women. Presently, air pollution is so high that it has proved to be one of the leading causes of infertility in humans. In case you are exposed to excessive pollution, it can affect your fertility rate as well as your immune system. Your immunity level may decrease considerably due to this reason, and you may face problems conceiving a child or conceiving a healthy child as well.

Wrapping Up-:

Advanced technology can help you beat infertility. From various infertility treatments like ICSI [Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection] and IVF [In vitro Fertilization] to newer reproductive treatments like Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, In Vivo Fertilization and Embryo Donation, the chances of getting pregnant are increasing.