Keeping the QuickBooks company file safe is of utmost importance as it stores all the finance and accounting-related data. No company can ever think of putting the company data at a stake. However, it becomes quite annoying for the users when they fail to access the company file due to QuickBooks error 6000 77. This is because this error prevents the users from opening the data file, which may put the entire work at a standstill. Wondering why this happened? It may occur when the company file that the user is trying to access is stored at a different location. In other instances, it may be due to damage in the company file. This blog will guide you with some stepwise instructions to resolve the issue with ease.
We realize that QuickBooks error 6000 77 is the most unique error, and that is why non-tech-savvy persons need more additional help to resolve it. So, connect with our professionals right now and fix the error right away by calling at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons that Prompts QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Users might often come across QuickBooks error code 600077 while accessing the company file. Although there are numerous other reasons that may give rise to this issue, some of them are listed below:-
- You are trying to open a company file that is either damaged or corrupt.
- Also, it may occur if you are trying to open the company file located on an external drive.
- Another reason may be that QuickBooks failed to locate the path of the mapped drive.
What should be done to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 77?
If you are confused about resolving the QuickBooks error 6000 77, you must not have to worry anymore. This is because we have listed some simple solutions to resolve the issue.
Solution 1:- Make Use of a UNC Path Rather than Mapped Drive
- To initiate the process, right-click on the QuickBooks icon. Then, press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and click the Run as Administrator option.
- After this, you must hold down the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears.
- Move to the QuickBooks File menu and then choose the Open or Restore Company followed by the Open a company file option.
- Now, move to the Network and look for the location of your company file.
- Finally, opt for your company file from the available search results and then click the Open option.
Solution 2:- Prepare a New Damaged Folder:-
- In the first step, create a new folder on your computer’s C: drive.
- Afterwards, open the folder that contains your company file.
- Following that, look for the folder having the file extension “.qbw”.
- Once you get the .QBW file, right-click on it and select the Copy option.
- Now, open the new folder on your system and paste the file into the newly launched folder.
- After this, set the windows access permissions to share the company file.
- At last, access the QuickBooks Desktop and then access the file using the new location.
Looking For An Expert’s Guidance!!
We have covered all the mandatory details to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77. You can also try renaming the.ND and .TLG files to fix the issue. However, if still, you are facing problems in using the troubleshooting solutions on your own to fix the error, connect with our experts. You can reach out to our professionals by calling at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359 anytime as per your convenience.
Related Blog: QuickBooks Chrome Problem