With the advent of modern technological advancement, the automotive industry is on a boom. Almost every day, a new product is launched in the automobile sector; Automotive/Automobile engineering professionals must stay updated with the latest industry norms.
Automobile engineering is among the most sophisticated engineering courses. The course includes automobile designing, manufacturing, maintenance, and modifications.
Who can prefer Automobile Engineering courses?
If you are passive about automobile designs and products, an Automobile course is just for you. Students, who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject, are eligible for the course. In addition to these, you need to have proficient knowledge about resolving mechanical problems. Also, proficiency in drawing, designing, and repairs in mechanical designs is required.
Courses & Curriculum for Automobile Engineering
If you are an aspirant of any UG course in Automobile Engineering, you must know the available courses and curriculum. After completing the UG course, you can also pursue a PG in automobile engineering for better career opportunities. The following are the available Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in automobile engineering:
- B.E. Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering (Lateral Entry- 3 Years)
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- M.Tech in Manufacturing Technology
- M.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- M.Tech in Automotive Engineering & e-Manufacturing
The curriculum of the UG and PG courses covers a wide range of subjects. The most popular subjects in the automobile engineering curriculum are as follows:
- Automotive materials
- Mobility design and aesthetics
- Automotive electrical and electronics
- Vehicle maintenance
- Computer-aided vehicle design
- Electric mobility
- Engineering Mechanics
- Manufacturing Technology
- Strength of Materials IC Engines and Gas Turbine
- Fuels and Lubricants
- Two Wheeler Technology Lab
- Automotive Chassis
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Automotive Components Design
- Auto Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Vehicle maintenance
- Off-road Vehicles
- Automotive pollution and control
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Emerging Automotive Technologies Mechanics of Machines
- Automotive Electrical Systems
- Vehicle body engineering
Eligibility criteria for taking admission in automobile engineering
Automobile Engineering is a four-year course for students from science backgrounds. You can apply for an automobile engineering UG degree course if you have passed 10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks. Also, you must have Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as the main subjects in the 10+2 or equivalent levels. If you have a diploma in the mechanical or related streams, you are eligible for taking direct admission in the second year in B.Tech Automobile Engineering under lateral entry.
Job opportunities for Automobile Engineers
Automobile Engineers can get promising career opportunities in the following industries:
- Service stations of automobile companies
- Transport companies
- Motor vehicle departments of control
- Production plants
- State transport corporations
- Insurance company experts
Students in the automobile designing course are taught design software in the initial period of the course. Therefore, they can also have ample career opportunities in the design sector. There is much demand for skilled automobile engineers in countries like Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. Automobile engineers can also look for placement offers in oriental countries like Japan and the Republic of Korea.
The following are the job roles of an automobile engineer:
- Automobile Designer
- Automobile Engineer
- Executive & Managerial Positions
- Vehicle/Car Designer
- Automotive Engineering Technician
- Automotive Design Engineer
An automobile course is an educational program designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to work in the automotive industry. This course covers a wide range of topics such as vehicle mechanics, automotive design, and industry trends. By completing this course, individuals can acquire the necessary expertise to pursue a career in the automotive field.