Allstate is an insurance giant that has been in business since 1931 for 90 years and continues to grow. Surely you have heard their slogan “You are in good hands” and see their car insurance ads. While Allstate is best known for car insurance, they offer a lot more. In this Allstate 2021 review, we’ll take a look at their top offerings, pros and cons, and how much you can save by switching to Allstate.
While Allstate auto offers , homeowner, renter, life, and motorcycle insurance products, its main bread-and-butter products are for cars and motorcycles.
Given that it’s all gone online, it’s worth regularly getting free auto insurance deals online from a reputable company like Allstate. Today, they consistently offer some of the lowest auto insurance rates. Drivers who switch and save can often save over $700. This is a significant saving.
If you are a good driver and have not violated traffic laws in the past 1-5 years, depending on your state, you may be eligible for further auto insurance discounts. Plus, if you combine products, you can usually save even more. For example, you can purchase auto insurance, renter’s or homeowner’s policy, and life insurance from Allstate for more savings.
As an auto insurance policyholder, your biggest concern is the cost and ease of claim processing. Allstate offers both. They offer a wide range of products and features to meet the needs of drivers across the country. In addition, Allstate offers an extensive network of local agents to provide personalized hands-on service. Now let’s move on to our 2021 Allstate review.
When it comes to auto insurance, you need a company you can rely on. In this 2021 Allstate review, learn about the company’s offerings, what makes their auto insurance stand out, where it can be improved, and why auto insurance is so important.
Allstate is a great auto insurance company that has been around since 1931. The company has over 10,000 agents in the US. This makes it easy to access a local agent who can help you select the best coverage for your needs. In addition, your agent can provide maximum discounts, answer questions and help with claims.
In addition, Allstate also offers great mobile and online tools. For example, their mobile app has a QuickFoto Claim feature. This allows you to file a claim directly from your phone. Take and send photos, get a repair estimate and receive compensation from your phone. Easily!
Allstate has an intuitive interface and an easy-to-use application. This appeals to those of us, including yours truly, who prefer to deal with everything over the Internet rather than over the phone or in person.
As an insurance giant, Allstate also offers a variety of insurance products that are easy to customize.
You can personalize coverage options and combine products to save money. In addition to the standard Liability, Comprehensive, and Collision Services, Allstate offers add-ons such as:
- Roadside Assistance Insurance
- Car rental coverage
- Liability insurance for uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Medical payment coverage
- Injury insurance
- Coating of non-standard equipment
In general, you can probably find the right policy with Allstate if you’re like most car owners.
Allstate Review: Interesting Deals
You can get all common auto insurance options with Allstate. Also, here are some noteworthy free features that we want to highlight in this Allstate review that is available in most states.
- Car Buying Service: This free feature is great if you want to buy a car. Allstate lets you see how much other people paid for the same car in your search. They also advertise discounts and savings to help you get the best value for your money.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Let’s say you need to file a claim and you’re unhappy with the service you received. You can get a six-month auto insurance premium credit to offset the inconvenience. The only downside is that this free warranty is not available in all states.
- Drivewise: This is a mobile application that analyzes your driving. It tracks when you are on the road, your speed, and your braking behavior. In states where it is offered, you can earn cash back for being a good driver every six months. In addition, you can also earn points for discounts on purchases.
- Miles: In some states, you can use the Allstate Miles feature. This insurance uses a daily base rate plus a per-mile rate. This plan structure can help save money for those with little travel time or low mileage.
Additional features Allstate
In addition, Allstate offers great additional features worth mentioning as well. Here is a list of additional options you can add to your auto insurance policy with Allstate. Additional fees apply and availability varies by state.
- Accident Forgiveness: This feature protects your rates from going up in the event of an accident, even if you are at fault.
- Personal Reward: Allstate offers a $100 deductible in the event of a collision for each year that you do not have a driving violation. The limit is $500. When you join, you will receive your first $100 discount.
- New Machine Replacement: Worried about buying a new machine? The nice thing about this Allstate feature is that if your new car’s amount is calculated over the first two years of production, your claim will be paid out of the new car’s value, not amortized cost.
- 3 roadside assistance options: I have had to use roadside assistance so many times and I am so glad that I have this option. You can get roadside assistance in three ways. Charge for use as an add-on to a vehicle policy or as part of an Allstate’s Motor Club subscription.
- Rideshare insurance: If you ride with Uber and/or Lyft, you should take out rideshare insurance if available in your state. Unlike the policy offered by Uber/Lyft, Allstate’s policy will apply to you between rides as long as your app is on.
- Safe Driving Bonus: Get cashback every six months for an accident-free ride. Be safe, get your money back = win, win.
Benefits of Allstate Auto Insurance
Now let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Allstate review. Here are the highlights of the pros.
- Allstate is a one-stop-shop where you can combine different products and save big. They offer
- auto insurance,
- motorcycle insurance,
- Traveler insurance,
- home insurance,
- Life insurance,
- boat insurance,
- mobile home insurance,
- Business insurance and more
- Allstate has been in business for over 90 years and is one of the most trusted insurance companies in the country.
- They offer great technology, including great mobile tools that make filing and tracking claims quick and easy.
- In addition, Allstate auto insurance offers a variety of discounts and benefits. For example,
- multipolicy discounts,
- Pay full discounts
- smart student discount,
- ABS Discount,
- Discount on anti-theft devices,
- Forgiveness for accidents
- deductible rewards,
- replacement of a new car, and
- Bonus for safe driving every six months.
- Access local agents who can help you with coverage decisions, maximize discounts, adjust coverage as your life changes, and help you with claims.
- Claims are easy to file and track through the Allstate mobile app. Alternatively, you can apply online, by phone with your local agent, or by calling a toll-free number.
Cons of Allstate Auto Insurance
This Allstate 2021 review wouldn’t be complete without mentioning some of the cons of Allstate. Here’s what you need to know before buying a policy from Allstate.
- Their prices may be higher than some other budget insurers such as Progressive and GEICO. But overall they are competitively priced. And many drivers who upgrade to the new version can save over $700.
- Allstate’s customer satisfaction ratings are below the industry average, although they are up in 2020. This does not mean that you will have a negative experience. But some customers feel that the service could be better.
- Auto insurance policies are usually sold for six months instead of the standard 12 months. This means your plan can renew at a higher rate more often than a 12-month plan.
Auto insurance basics
Now that you have a good understanding of Allstate auto insurance, let’s go over some auto insurance basics to help you figure out how much auto insurance to get and what type of auto insurance you need.
There are three things you want to protect with auto insurance in the event of an accident:
- Yourself and your passengers
- your assets and
- Your car.
Most people would choose to protect themselves and their passengers as the most important goal of car insurance. I would also. However, it all depends on insurance premiums and how rich you are.
- Insurance to protect your financial resources
Let’s say you’re a multimillionaire who employs 10,000 people who depend on your existence to put food on the table. If you fall, then so does the company.
Protecting your financial assets may be more important than protecting you and your passengers, unfortunately! If you fall asleep and accidentally kill some pedestrians on the sidewalk. You can be sure that you will get into a multi-million dollar lawsuit. Plus, you’ll probably be all over the news. And with all that stress, you won’t be able to focus on running your company.
However, if you did the same and were poor, the victims or the family of the deceased would not be able to squeeze the blood out of the stone. As a result, you are less concerned about protecting your financial resources, since you have few of them, and more concerned about protecting the passengers in your car.
Of course, if you are a multimillionaire, you can afford to take care of everything and get maximum protection.
You can protect your financial resources with two types of liability coverage. These are personal injury liability insurance and property damage insurance.
Personal Injury Liability: If you hurt someone in a car accident, the insurance company will pay you a certain amount. In my case, I chose $300,000/$500,000 per person for an accident.
Liability for property damage: If you damage someone else’s property in a car accident, the insurance company will pay a certain amount. My insurance company pays $100,000 for a property accident.
- Insurance to protect you and your passengers
You may be the most careful driver in the world, but that’s only half the story. If someone is not careful, they can easily run into you and cause damage. Even though auto insurance is mandatory for all drivers, many drivers still don’t have auto insurance! As a result, your insurance should protect you from others.
Here are the types of auto insurance you can get to protect yourself and your passengers.
Uninsured motorist injuries: If an uninsured or underinsured driver injures you or your passengers. I chose $300,000 / $500,000 per person for the accident.
Medical Benefits: Covers you or your passengers. If someone collides with you or you collide with someone else and you have an injured passenger, you want to be able to provide financial protection for any medical expenses they may incur. Let’s hope your passengers don’t sue you if you don’t have that coverage, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. I have 100,000 dollars per person.
Extended Benefits: Employee Disability Benefits, Essential Services Disability Benefits, Death Benefits. If a car accident causes such physical or mental pain that you cannot return to work, your extended benefits beyond your company’s short-term disability benefits will kick in if you don’t have long-term disability insurance. I pay $5.10 for a minor spread of all three. I have my life insurance and disability insurance from work to 100% coverage.
- Insurance to protect your car
When I had a 12-year-old Moose SUV, I chose not to get full coverage. My SUV probably cost no more than $3,500. If I were in a car accident, any Moose part would probably cost at least $1,000 to repair. I was willing to just donate it to charity and consider buying another car if it picks up speed.
On the other hand, if you have a new car, a rare classic car, or an expensive trip, you should consider getting full insurance coverage.
Comprehensive, collisional, and more
Here’s what comprehensive protection, collision protection, and other coatings include to protect your vehicle.
Comprehensive: Covers damage caused by something other than another vehicle, such as hail, theft, and running into a Bobo bear. If you have a brand new $50,000 BMW, you should get full insurance because you want to have it repaired in an accident and you don’t want to pay thousands of dollars for it. The more expensive your car is and the more it depends on it, the more you should think about insurance.
Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with an object other than an animal. The gray area here, considering that’s what complex is for. I refused coverage.
Property damage to uninsured motorists: If an uninsured driver damages your vehicle. If an uninsured motorist damages Moose, I will simply ask him to pay for everything, otherwise, I will introduce him to my cousin Victor, who will break his legs for non-payment.
Towing and Operation Provide emergency roadside assistance such as towing, flat tire, jump start, and throttle. This service saves lives! I ran out of gas, the old car didn’t start earlier for some reason, blew a tire, left the headlights on, and needed roadside assistance every time. All corrections take no more than 45 minutes. I recommend everyone get a tow and a job. I only pay $5.88 and can’t believe it’s less than $100 every six months.
Related: Auto Insurance Basics for Dummies: Comprehensive Before a Collision
Good auto insurance is a must
As a car enthusiast, I always look for auto insurance every time I trade cars. Reliable coverage is a must. It’s crazy how many close calls I see every day, even in my quiet residential area.
There are too many distracted drivers on the road today. Even though there are laws to help keep your eyes on the drivers, I still see people using their phones all the time. All it takes is one second to get into an accident you didn’t even know existed.
Thus, it is essential to have a vehicle that will keep you safe and an auto insurance policy that will support you.