Improper installation of QuickBooks leads to many errors. One such error is QuickBooks error 1402, which takes place while installing QuickBooks or opening it after the installation. It usually happens when supporting components like Microsoft MSXML, .NET Framework, and C++ get damaged or stop functioning. Damaged Microsoft components, outdated Windows operating system and corrupt QuickBooks installation are the leading cause of error 1402. Jump to other sections of the blog to learn about the root causes and troubleshooting solutions to overcome QuickBooks Desktop error 1402.
Do you require instant help to fix QuickBooks error 1402? We got you. Give a call on the QuickBooks tech support number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help
Main Triggers for error 1402 updating QuickBooks
The list of causes that lead to the error are as follows:
- Microsoft components like .NET Framework, MSXML and C++ required to run QuickBooks are damaged.
- QuickBooks installation is corrupt or damaged.
- Applications running in the background are interfering with the QuickBooks installation process.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Cannot Open Network File
Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks Desktop error 1402
Solution 1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and make use of the Install Diagnostic Tool to fix install errors
- Before you proceed, make sure your company file is closed when you quit the QuickBooks application.
- Open your web browser, visit Intuit’s website and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When the file downloads completely, save it to a location you can easily access, like Windows Desktop.
- From the desktop, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that, go to the desktop, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and double-click to open it.
- When the QuickBooks Tool Hub opens, choose the Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool may take up to 20 minutes to fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors. Once it completes, restart your PC and open QuickBooks.
Also read this blog: QuickBooks Error 6143
Solution 2. Use Selective Startup mode to install QuickBooks
- First of all, generate a backup of the QuickBooks company file and note down the license number.
- Keep note of QuickBooks product info and start your workstation in Selective startup mode.
- Tap the Windows + R keys on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run prompt box.
- Type msconfig within the Run box, select OK and go to the General tab.
- Choose Selective startup and Load system services, then choose the Services menu.
- Click on the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox, select Disable all and clear the Hide all Microsoft service checkbox.
- From the list of services, mark the Windows Installer checkbox and click OK.
- When the System Configuration window opens up, click the Restart button
We are now concluding our blog on QuickBooks error 1402. Hopefully, the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above will help you eliminate the issue. If the problem recurs, call us on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with certified QuickBooks professionals for help.
Also read: QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error