The UK has been one of the most visited places in the world, for the simplest reason that it carries a legacy rich in culture, traditions and art.
Recently, after the second wave of Covid-19 sweeping the whole of India, travel and life are resuming back to normal bit by bit.
In October 2021 when the UK removed travel restrictions on passengers traveling from India, we have seen an upsurge in the UK visitor visa applications.
With Christmas round the corner, there is no better time to travel than now.
In this article, we will cover all that you need to apply for a UK visitor visa.
Which visa should I choose?
The UK visitor visa is of two types: Short term visa and long term visa.
In this article we will talk in detail about the short term visas.
Short term visas allow you to come to the UK for 6 months for a specific purpose, such as tourism, meeting family and friends, donating an organ, medical checkup, pursuing a short study course, school exchange programme,passing through the UK while in travel,volunteering for a work, pursue a vocational course, attending business conferences, and doing other permitted activities.
Limitations on this visa
On a UK visitor visa or a Standard visitor visa,
- You are not allowed to do a job or engage in self-employment.
- You cannot access the UK public funds.
- You can not register a marriage or civil partnership, for this purpose you exclusively need a marriage visitor visa.
- You cannot make visits to the UK in quick succession and stay for a longer time without any compelling reasons.
You must prove
Before you begin your application process, you must meet certain UK visitor visa requirements set forth by the UK Home Office.
- You must have enough finances to support yourself in the UK or your dependents
- You possess an intention to leave the country after your visit visa expires.
- You will by no means make UK your home and never leave it
- You will bear your travel expenses onwards and return both.
Application and fees
You need to apply online for a standard visitor visa 3 months before your travel to the UK.
You need to upload all the eligibility documents and pay a fee of £95. This fee is for a short term visa up to 6 months.
You can extend your visa after 6 months depending on your circumstances. The visa fee for extension is £993 irrespective of your nationality.
If you want to expedite your visa application you can pay £800 for a super priority service to get the decision within one day.
If you are looking for bespoke immigration services, connect with the leading immigration solicitors A Y & J Solicitors.