Trimethoxysilyl Propyl Dimethyl Octadecyl Ammonium Chloride Hazards

0
115
Chloride

Known by the chemical name of C26H58NO3SiCl, 3-(Trimethoxysilyl)propyl dimethyl octadecyl ammonium chloride is a preservative, disinfectant and fungicide. It is also used as a silane coupling agent. Here are some of the hazards of TMP.

Toxic if swallowed

If you have accidentally ingested something toxic, it can be dangerous for you. The substance may be highly toxic, burn your gut, or affect your breathing and heart. If you have swallowed something toxic, you should seek medical help immediately. Toxic if swallowed symptoms may occur immediately, or they may take days to develop. The following information may help you understand the underlying cause of your symptoms.

Toxic substances may cause a variety of symptoms, including heart disease, diarrhea, and respiratory distress. The symptoms of a toxin usually go away on their own after a few hours or a day, but the effects of a bacterial infection can be lasting for several days. If you have swallowed a diluted or whole substance, you should seek medical attention immediately. Ingestion of toxins can cause a range of severe reactions, including nausea, vomiting, skin rashes, and even loss of vision.

If the substance has been swallowed, the poison will cause life-threatening complications, including damage to the brain, tissue, and heart. In addition, poisoning can affect breathing and blood pressure, causing serious health problems. In some cases, vomiting can be deadly, so you should seek medical help immediately. In case you have accidentally swallowed something toxic, try to wipe away the vomit and move to a fresh environment.

Abrus precatorius seeds contain a toxin that can cause a mild illness. The toxin is protected by the seed’s shell, but newer seeds may have softer shells. When you chew seeds, you disrupt the shell and expose the toxin – called abrin. The enzymes in your digestive system will destroy the abrin, which limits its systemic absorption.

Toxic if inhaled

Toxic if inhaled of Trimethoxysilyl Propyl Dimethyl Octadecyl Ammonium Chloride is a chemical compound with potential toxicity. Inhaled exposure causes skin corrosion, irritation, and serious eye damage, but the risk is low. No information exists on its mutagenic effects or toxicity to Germ cells.

This chemical’s CAS:27668-52-6 hazard assessment reports its octanol water partition coefficient (logPow) of 0.000000001 Pa, indicating that it is highly hydrophobic. Furthermore, its low solubility in water indicates that it’s unlikely to affect the respiratory system.

In accordance with column 2 of Annex VII, 3-(Trimethoxysilyl)propyl-dimethyl-octadecyl ammonum chloride is unlikely to be explosive. In addition, its flash point is less than 60deg C, which indicates that it is unlikely to be flammable.