Some essential processes which users can execute in QuickBooks include storing and operating with company files. However, they might face QuickBooks error 6150 1006 while performing various functions or opening the company files. It generally happens due to damage or corruption in the company files or restrictive settings of the antivirus on your computer. Since company files are vital for business owners, such an error must be fixed at the earliest. One can try reviewing the antivirus settings on their system or using the Auto Data Recovery feature of QuickBooks to fix this error. This article intends to help you execute the methods to rectify this error, so make sure to look through it until the very end.
To fix QB error 6150 1006 immediately, contact our technical team at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate assistance.
Potential triggers to the QuickBooks error code 6150 1006
The reasons which could be the potential triggers to the QuickBooks error code 6150 1006 include:-
- Your QuickBooks company file might be damaged or might have undergone some corruption.
- Your computer might have been affected by the CryptoWall virus, and you need to eliminate it.
- The installation file that you used to install the QuickBooks software might have been corrupted.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
What steps can you take to eliminate the error code 6150 1006 in QuickBooks?
The company file-related error 6150 1006 in QuickBooks can be eliminated easily with these steps:-
First, make sure that your computer is not affected by the CryptoWall virus in these steps:-
- From the File Explorer of your computer, access the folder which contains your QuickBooks company files.
- Search if there are any files with thedecrypt, instructions .txt or .html
- If there are any such files, it indicates the presence of theCryptoWall virus, and you need to contact your antivirus provider to get assistance in removing the virus.
Also read: QuickBooks Backup Failed
Now restore the backup of your company file if you have created one:-
- Choose theOpen or Restore Company option from the File menu of your QuickBooks desktop software.
- If you have created a backup to your company files, select theLocal Backup option after clicking on Restore a backup copy.
- When prompted, look for the backup company file in your computer by searching for files with.qbb extension, choose a folder to save them and finally click on Open.
- Restoring the older version of your company files might resolve any recent damage, but keep in mind that any actions performed on your company files after creating the backup will be lost.
Finally, use QuickBooks’ Auto Data Recovery Feature:-
- Create a new sample folder on your desktop and give it the name QBTest.
- Now, copyyour transaction log files from your QuickBooks company file folder and paste them into the new folder you created.
- From the exact location as your company files, access the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder andcopy the .QBW.adr file to the QBTest folder.
- Rename the .QBW.adrfile and remove the .adr
- In QuickBooks, use the new QBTest folder to access your company files and if it works correctly, transfer it to the original location.
You can take these steps to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6150 1006. we recommend executing the steps in the given order after reading them carefully for a quicker rectification of the error. If the error persists even after you implement the steps, give us a call at 1-855-856-0042 to get in touch with our technical team.
Also see: QuickBooks Abort Error