The error message, “Couldn’t Connect to Email Server: We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider,” arises immediately after a QuickBooks user enters the email password. Now, you must be wondering why such an issue takes place. Well, your QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to a network connection failure. If you want to know more about it, like the procedure to fix it, then refer to this blog.
If you come across any problem while sending emails via QuickBooks, immediately have a conversation with our technical assistance team at 1.800.579.0391 for quick guidance.
What Restricts You From Sending Emails Through QuickBooks?
As there can be plenty of reasons for incurring the problem, in this section of the article, we have mentioned the most obvious causes of the same. Check them out-
- Check for the QuickBooks Web Mail Preference configurations as they might not be correct because of which the issue is coming up again and again.
- Another most common reason could be that you have downloaded your QuickBooks to the latest release.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12029
How to Rectify the Error When QuickBooks Desktop Cannot Send Emails Due to Connectivity Issues
If you are looking for different ways to resolve the problem, then try out the solutions given further-
SOLUTION 1: Edit the Web Mail Preferences Settings in the QuickBooks Desktop
- Start your QuickBooks Desktop and move to the ‘Edit’ menu.
- Under the menu, choose the ‘Preferences’ option.
- On the left side of the existing window, you will find ‘Send Forms’; tap on it.
- Now, in the ‘My Preferences’ section, choose the email account that you are making use of.
- After that, click ‘Edit’.
- Once redirected to the ‘Edit Email Info’ window, shift to the ‘SMTP Server Details’ field.
- In the end, provide the port and server name.
SOLUTION 2: Check for the Latest Updates of Your QuickBooks and Update It
- Make sure to close all programs before performing the process, then Go to the Windows ‘Start’ button.
- Right-click on the QB Desktop icon to choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Next, open the No Company Open screen by pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-clicking on the QB icon.
- In the following window, tap on the ‘Help’ tab and hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Move to the ‘Options’ tab and choose ‘Mark All’.
- After that, click ‘Save’ and shift to the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox and then hit ‘Get Updates’.
- All the available updates will be downloaded.
- Next, exit the window and launch QuickBooks again to install the downloaded updates.
- At last, restart the computer device.
We suppose you must have been able to resolve the ‘QuickBooks Is Unable To Send Emails’ error relevantly. Moreover, if you need more info about it, feel free to connect with one of our experts at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 3371