QuickBooks company file-related errors are a common occurrence, and the QuickBooks company file not responding issue is the most common. Users face issues while accessing their QuickBooks company file for various possible reasons. The issue makes the application inaccessible and hence, needs to be addressed immediately. If you are facing the issue wherein your QuickBooks not responding when opening company file, follow the steps provided in this article to fix it.
If you are having difficulty fixing the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Can’t Access Company Files
The QuickBooks company file not loading error can occur due to the following issues –
- Your company file name is longer than the permissible limit, and you need to shorten it.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is having issues, and it might be damaged or corrupted.
- Essential QuickBooks program files are missing or not working.
- The Windows OS is damaged, or it has become outdated.
- The drive storing your company file is not fully accessible.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 590
Terminating the QuickBooks Company File Not Loading Issue
The QuickBooks company file not responding problem can be resolved with the help of the following steps –
Step 1 –Install and Utilize the QB System Repair Tool
Firstly, you need to activate the system repair tool to fix any issues with your QuickBooks file.
- Download the QuickBooks System Repair Tool and save it to an easily accessible location.
- Close all background processes and run the application to install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- After installing the QBFD tool, run the company file to initiate the QB repair process.
- Let the tool run a repair, and once done, restart your program and check the status of the error code.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error H505
Step 2 – Fix the Essential QB Program File by Editing the QBWUSER.INI File Name
If the program files are not working or are damaged, you need to rename the files to fix the issue.
- Open Windows File Manager and go to the QuickBooks File Directory to find the QBWUSER.INI file.
- If you are unable to find the file, click the Show hidden files, folders, or drives option from the View tab.
- Right-click on the file name and select Rename to add .OLD at the end of the name as a suffix.
- Hit Enter to save the modifications and run your company file again.
Step 3 – Create a New Windows Admin Account to Fix Windows Installation Issues
If your Windows OS is damaged, you can create a new Windows admin account to run QuickBooks.
- Go to the Users Account tab from the Control Panel and click on the Add or Remove option.
- Enter an account name and select Create Admin Account to create a new account.
- Open your QuickBooks file by using the new admin credentials and see if the QuickBooks company file not loading issue is fixed.
You can follow the steps provided above to resolve the QuickBooks not responding when opening company file issue. If you are still unable to eliminate the error, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical team.
You may read also: QuickBooks Fatal Error