QuickBooks Error 6143 obstructs QB Desktop users from easily accessing their required company file, and as its error code indicates, it is generally put under the 6000 error series. Several factors instigate this complex error, such as corruption in the data file and the important configuration files.
A deep analysis of this error, along with excellent solutions, is provided in detail in this blog.
Troubled by QuickBooks Error 6143? Just dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team for swift assistance.
Prominent Factors That Provoke 6143 Error Code in QB Desktop
The usual reasons behind the 6143 Error Code in QB Desktop are mentioned below:
- Company file becomes inaccessible if it is corrupted and if the configuration files have got damaged on the computer.
- Problems in the company file folder and obsolete releases of Windows on the user’s system also trigger this error.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 15270
Major Solutions to Rectify Company File Error Message 6143 in QuickBooks
The Company File Error Message 6143 in QuickBooks can be eliminated through the solutions explained below:
Solution 1: Remove all the issues from the company file by scanning it through the QB File Doctor tool on your system
- Easily log onto the official Intuit website on your system to download the newest edition of the QB Tool Hub and then comfortably open up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file that you have just downloaded to follow all the on-screen steps.
- After completely following all the on-screen steps, you will notice that the QB Tool Hub has got fully installed on your computer, and then you just need to launch the tool hub to move straightaway to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- Within the ‘Company File Issues’ tab, you will easily get the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool on which you need to strike and then simply make use of the ‘Browse and search’ option to obtain the required company file for the scanning task.
- At this step, hit the ‘Check your file’ and the ‘Continue’ button successively and then type the QB admin password to finally start the QB File Doctor’s execution.
- Once the company file has been fully scanned and repaired by the QB File Doctor tool, you can go ahead to access it from your QB Desktop application.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 17337
Solution 2: Identify and provide a new name to the required configuration files to extirpate this technical problem
- To get the configuration files for renaming purposes, you should first launch the company file folder and then locate those files that have the same name as that of the company file but with the following extensions: ‘.ND’ for the Network Data file and ‘.TLG’ for the Transaction Log File.
- Now, right-click on each of these files separately and then easily hit the ‘Rename’ option in order to attach the word ‘oldbotkey’ to the end of both files’ names as per this example: ‘compfew.qbw.nd.oldbotkey’ and ‘compfew.qbw.tlg.oldbotkey’.
- At this step, you have to save these fresh names by hitting the ‘Enter’ key, and after that, you can proceed ahead to access the selected company file from the QB Desktop application.
QuickBooks Error 6143 can be rooted out completely by correctly implementing the solutions mentioned above. For more technical support, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error Code 12002