Users need to create PDFs of various forms and reports while running the QuickBooks application. When there are missing components while running the PDF function, it can lead to the “QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF” issue on your screen. This error code can occur due to many reasons, like problems with the adobe reader. In this article, we will help you tackle the QuickBooks PDF component missing error.
You can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals in case you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own.
Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks Missing Component Email
If you are getting the QuickBooks component required for PDF print error message, you might be facing the following scenarios –
- The adobe reader application, which is used to print PDFs, is either damaged or missing.
- The adobe reader application has become outdated, which is causing compatibility issues while running PDFs.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest release, which is causing issues while performing the PDF print functions.
- Incorrect Windows settings, like an inactive XPS document writer, can also trigger PDF issues in QuickBooks.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
QuickBooks Component Missing Error Message: Terminating Methods
You can easily resolve the QuickBooks cannot complete the action due to a missing component issue by using the methods given below –
Method 1 – Update and Repair the Adobe Reader App from the Start Menu
You can dismiss the PDF issues in QuickBooks by repairing the adobe application.
- Click the start button on your desktop and type Adobe in the Search Programs and Files search box to access the Adobe Reader from the top of the list.
- Select Check for Updates from under the Help tab or visit the Adobe Product Download Page manually to download the setup file for installation.
- Follow the instructions in the Adobe Installation Guide and exit Windows to run the repair process.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard and type appwiz.cpl in the Run window text box to double-click Adobe Reader from the list.
- Select Uninstall / Change to click Next and then Repair to install the adobe app.
- Click Finish after the installation and restart Windows to run the PDF function again.
Method 2 – Activate the XPS Document Writer from the Run Window
To address the cannot print PDF invoices in QuickBooks, you can activate the document writer.
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl in the Run window, and hit Enter from the left side panel.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off and mark the checkmark beside the Microsoft XPS Document Writer to print PDF from QuickBooks without any errors.
You can easily eliminate the QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF issue by using the methods given in this blog. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct assistance from our support team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Online freezing