The company file is the most frequently utilized feature in the QB application as it acts as a safe depository of essential business data of the enterprise, and for every segment of their business operations, the enterprise creates a separate company file.
QuickBooks Company File Won’t Open is a bothersome technical problem that arises when the users fail to access their company file, and it becomes extremely urgent to eliminate this issue due to the huge importance of the company file.
Effective solutions for this intricate technical error have been explained in this blog for your perusal.
If you want fast elimination of the QuickBooks Company File Won’t Open Issue, simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our QB Experts Team for perfect guidance.
Company File Not Opening in QB Desktop Problem: Fundamental Reasons
The Company File Not Opening in QB Desktop problem occurs due to the reasons listed here:
- Every company file is stored in a unique folder, and if that folder is corrupted or damaged, then users face huge problems in accessing the company file.
- Malfunctioning of the QB configuration files and improper or corrupted installation of the QB software can prevent you from successfully accessing the required data file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15311
Terminate the Company File Not Responding Issue in QuickBooks with These Solutions
The Company File Not Responding Issue in QuickBooks can be very easily resolved using these solutions:
Solution 1: Ensure rapid elimination of this company file issue by allocating a new name to the essential configuration files (.ND file and .TLG file)
- By moving to the folder where the company file is saved, you need to locate and right-click on those files that possess the exact name as that of the company file and in addition, they should have .ND and .TLG as file extensions.
- You can now easily begin the renaming process by tapping the ‘Rename’ button, and thereafter, you must grant a new word like ‘oldimpfile’ to the extreme end of these files’ names as per this illustration: ‘comp_newkey.qbw.nd.oldimpfile’ and ‘comp_newkey.qbw.tlg.oldimpfile’.
- To save the newly-granted names of both these files as per the criteria mentioned in the earlier step, you can hit the ‘Enter’ key, and then you can log into your company file successfully through your QuickBooks Desktop.
Must Read: QuickBooks Search Not Working
Solution 2: Ensure fast access to the company file by quickly transferring it to a new location (like Windows Desktop) on your system
- After jumping to your company file folder, you need to right-click on your company file icon to choose the ‘Copy’ option so that a fresh copy of this file is generated and
- thereafter you must swiftly hop to your Windows Desktop to right-click on your screen.
Now, immediately locate the ‘Paste’ option and click on it so that the copied company file is easily pasted on the Windows Desktop, and after that, you should open the QB application while tapping and holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key on the system’s keyboard.
- When you are able to locate the ‘Open or restore an existing company’ tab in the newly-launched ‘No Company Open’ window, you must click on it in order to easily launch the company file that you have already pasted on the Windows Desktop.
The QuickBooks Company File Won’t Open issue will be fully extirpated if you utilize the solutions that you have read in this blog in a correct sequence. For more technical support, just dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also: QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File