QuickBooks Desktop has a special ‘Automatic Backup’ feature that creates regular backups of the company files even without any initiation by the user, and this functionality is the easiest way to swiftly back up your essential data.
However, sometimes this functionality does not operate correctly, and this problem is called the ‘QuickBooks Backup Not Working’ problem. As a result, users get irritated because their essential data becomes extremely vulnerable.
Here’s the blog that will show you the easiest step-wise solutions for this troublesome technical problem.
Are you currently disturbed due to the ‘QuickBooks Backup Not Working’ problem? You can dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our QB Technical Specialists Team for help.
Relevant Reasons That Can Easily Provoke ‘Backup Feature Not Working in QuickBooks’
The ‘Backup Feature Not Working in QuickBooks’ problem can arise due to the reasons explained below:
- Without fresh QB Desktop updates, the automatic backup feature does not work correctly on the system.
- Damage or certain technical misconfiguration in the company file data can also hinder its backup on the computer.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Abort Error
What Are the Most Effective Tactics to Tackle the ‘Backup Not Responding in QB Desktop’ Problem?
The ‘Backup Not Responding in QB Desktop’ problem can be tackled via the step-wise solutions described here:
Solution 1: Obtain the fresh QB Desktop updates on your computer in order to completely eliminate this technical problem
- In this solution, just navigate to the ‘Help’ menu within the ‘QB Desktop’ window, and then you should be able to effectively hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ icon inside that menu.
- After that, simply go forward to utilize the ‘Update Now’ tab present on the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window & then you shall simply hit the ‘Get Updates’ button to finally download all the fresh QB Desktop updates.
- Next, move ahead to successfully restart the QB Desktop application, and then you need to hit the ‘Yes’ option so that fresh QB Desktop updates can be properly installed on the computer.
- Now, the ‘Automatic Backup’ feature will correctly function inside the updated QB Desktop application on your system.
Solution 2: Properly operate the ‘Verify & Rebuild Data Utility’ in order to exterminate problems inside the company file data
- Here, effectively approach the ‘File’ menu inside the QB Desktop application & then simply execute the ‘Verify Data’ tool given under the ‘Utilities’ tab.
- After that, once the ‘Verify Data’ tool finishes its execution, all the problems & faults inside the company file data will get displayed on the system’s screen.
- Now, navigate back to the ‘Utilities’ tab under the ‘File’ menu & then successfully strike the ‘Rebuild Data’ icon, after which you shall need to create & save a separate backup company file inside a suitable folder.
- As soon as the fresh backup company file has been saved, the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility will start its execution to weed out all the company file problems following which you will be able to easily utilize the ‘Automatic Backup’ feature in QB Desktop.
By fully utilizing these solutions in the correct order, you can tackle the ‘QuickBooks Backup Not Working’ problem easily. For more help, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15223