QuickBooks can easily manage employee payroll in small businesses and generates a collective report of all financial transactions. Updates for the payroll service are regularly released by Intuit to enhance the efficiency of the service and keep it in sync with government tax tables. But the software can sometimes struggle due to random glitches. QuickBooks error 15106 doesn’t let the payroll service get updated due to some incorrect system settings. If you also encounter this error while updating payroll service in your QuickBooks, keep reading further to understand the conditions that trigger this error and the techniques to eliminate it.
Perform the troubleshooting with the assistance of a QB expert by giving a call at 1-855-856-0042.
The reasons your QuickBooks update gets interrupted by this error are defined below-
- You are not using your Windows Admin account while downloading or installing the update.
- Windows Firewall or Antivirus has isolated some QuickBooks files, and issues develop when software fails to process the files.
- The folder set for storing the update package has become inaccessible for QuickBooks.
Recommended to read: I am getting QuickBooks Black And White Screen
The QuickBooks update will be downloaded and installed after applying the techniques below-
Solution 1- Stop your antivirus from running and rename the storage folder
A significant reason for the development of this error can be interruption of the antivirus or Windows firewall. QuickBooks might get blocked from connecting to the internet or struggle to run its processes. This will lead to a failure in downloading the update and you’ll receive error codes on your screen. You’ll have to stop your antivirus from interfering with QuickBooks functions. You must open your Antivirus settings and remove any QB files quarantined by the security software. Prevent QuickBooks from getting blocked by the antivirus using the steps below-
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open the task manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and search for your antivirus.
- Right-click on the antivirus process and select End task.
This will safeguard your QuickBooks from getting blocked. Now, you need to rename the folder that is specified for storing the QB update file. The update can also fail if the software fails to access this folder. Refer to these steps-
- Open the file explorer and go to C:\Program files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Right-click on the DownloadqbXX (XX denotes version year) and select Rename in the options.
- Add ‘.old’ to the folder name and save it.
- Try updating QuickBooks again.
Solution 2- Sign in using your Windows Admin account
QuickBooks update might require configuring some of the system settings and accessing folders in your system drive. This won’t be possible if you are not using your Admin account in QuickBooks. Follow these steps-
- Click on the Windows Start button and select the user name.
- Tap Sign out and log in again using your Admin account in Windows.
- Update QuickBooks again.
The software will not develop any issues while updating now.
This blog describes the causes of QuickBooks error 15106 interrupting the software update. The methods to resolve this issue are also given in the blog which we expect you to use to update QuickBooks without any problems.
If the software update struggles due to any issues, consult a QB professional available at 1-855-856-0042.
You may read also : QuickBooks Abort Error