To prepare for the exam, you can study the API-570 Body of Knowledge and review the API-570 Code and any related industry standards. You may also consider studying PassQuestion Piping Inspector API-570 Exam Questions And Answers to help you prepare for the exam. It is important to thoroughly review all relevant information and practice answering exam-style questions to increase your chances of success on the API-570 exam.
To prepare for the API 570 exam, it is recommended that you:
- Review the API 570 Body of Knowledge (BOK) which outlines the topics that will be covered on the exam. The BOK can be found on the API website.
- Consider taking a review course or training program. There are many organizations that offer review courses and training programs to help individuals prepare for the API 570 exam.
- Gain practical experience in the inspection, repair, alteration, and reassembly of in-service piping systems.
- Review and practice with sample questions and practice exams. This will help you become familiar with the format and style of questions that will be on the exam.
Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for the API 570 exam, which include a minimum of five years of experience in the inspection, repair, alteration, and reassembly of in-service piping systems.
API-570 Exam Information
Exam Name: Piping Inspector
Number of Questions:170 questions ( only 140 are scored. The remaining 30 are pretest questions.)
Duration: 7.5 hours
Exam Language: English
Exam Format: Multiple Choice
Pass Score: 70% and above
1. Organization and Certification Requirements
2. Types and Definitions of Maintenance Inspections
3. Welding on Piping
4. Corrosion and Minimum Thickness Evaluation
5. Estimated Remaining Life
6. Inspection Interval Determination and Issues Affecting Intervals
7. Maintenance Inspection Safety Practices
8. Inspection Records and Reports
9. Repairs/Alterations/Reratings to Piping
10. Rerating Piping
11. Pressure Testing After Repairs, Alterations, or Rerating
12. Pressure Temperature Ratings
17. Limiting Dimensions of Gaskets
18. Methods for Establishing Pressure-Temperature Ratings
19. Methods of performing positive material identification and related record keeping
View Online Piping Inspector API-570 Free Questions
1. A piping inspector employed by the owner operator shall have
A. an API 653 certification
B. an AWS certification
C. an API 510 certification
D. not less than 10 years experience dealing with piping
2. Actively engaged as an authorized piping inspector shall be defined as a minimum of time spent performing inspection activities.
3. An API authorized piping inspector certificate is valid for years from its date of issuance
4. API 570 covers the inspection of__________.
A. new construction
B. new tank construction
C. In-service piping
D. In-service vessels
5. All proposed methods of design, execution, materials, welding procedures, examination and testing must be approved by the.
A. inspector or piping engineer
B. inspector only
C. plant manager
D. new construction contracts