Along with the tag of one of the best accounting solutions, QuickBooks is also known to be the hub of technical faults that can arise at any time when dealing with it. In fact, sometimes, QuickBooks crashes when opening company file. The reason behind it can be complicated as there are plenty of factors that affect it. However, one of the essential questions is how to rectify it properly. Thus, let us read this article to gain some valuable details about the problem. You must give it a read till the end to learn various troubleshooting.
Are you stuck while opening the company file? Did your QuickBooks crash while doing so? Then seek guidance from our team of certified experts by dialing Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Why Your QuickBooks Do Not Respond When Trying to Open the Data Files?
Can you not open your QB even after several attempts because it crashes every time you try to access it? Are you searching for reasons why such a glitch took place? Then read out the reasons we have mentioned-
- It might have happened that the QBWUSER.ini file has been severely damaged or corrupted.
- You are not using an updated version of your QuickBooks software, and thus, your QuickBooks crashes.
Move on to the following section of the blog to know the aptest solutions.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
Two Effective Ways of Repairing the Crashed QuickBooks Desktop
Below we have elaborated a few troubleshooting methods that will help you run your QuickBooks again. Check them out-
SOLUTION 1: Repair the Damaged QBWUSER.ini File By Editing Its Name
- Initiate the process by first going to the folder in which the QBWUSER.ini file is located.
- After you successfully locate the file, right-click on it and tap on the ‘Rename’ option.
- Add ‘.old’ at the very end of the file name to make changes.
- Once renamed, apply the same process for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Finally, run the QuickBooks program again.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15241
SOLUTION 2: Run the Updated Version of Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Check if the QuickBooks application is running on your system or not. If yes, exit it.
- Now, on the Windows desktop, look for the QB icon and then right-click on it.
- Tap on the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and then move to the No Company Open screen by pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and clicking twice on the QuickBooks icon.
- Further, you must hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option available under the ‘Help’ menu.
- Go ahead towards the ‘Options’ tab to ‘Mark All’ and then ‘Save’ it.
- Next, jump to the ‘Update Now’ section and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Further, for downloading the updates, click ‘Get Updates’.
- Once downloaded, close QuickBooks and launch it again to install the updates.
- At last, restart the desktop.
The next time your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, take reference from this blog as we have attempted our best to deliver you all the relevant information related to the error. If you require any more details about it, feel free to connect with one of the technical experts directly. Give us a ring at 1.855.738.2784 and get instant advice.
You may read also : QuickBooks Database Server Manager Has stopped