QuickBooks Desktop is one of the best accounting app for the businesses that wishes to manage their business with ease. Reconciliation in QuickBooks helps to maintain the accounts free from discrepancies. This process is crucial as it checks transactions on the bank statement and matches them with each transaction recorded in QuickBooks. Sometimes users may face QuickBooks Reconciliation Problems when incorrect entries are fed in the application. Resolving such reconciliation issues might be confusing if you are not aware of the correct troubleshooting info.
In this article, we will guide you on how to solve QuickBooks Desktop reconciliation problems. We suggest you to read the complete article to get the detailed info. In case of any doubt, feel free to get in touch with us at our 1.855.738.2784
What are Reconciliation Problems in QuickBooks Desktop?
The discrepancy while reconciling accounts in QuickBooks happens due to change made in the previous reconciliation. Solving these issues could be quite frustrating and takes a lot of time. Definitely, knowing the causes will help you figure out the exact cause of the error and will help you resolve the error in the shortest time possible. Following are the two primary causes for this problem.
- Improper arrangement of the reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- You might have added, deleted, or changed account info in the past reconciliation.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error C 184
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Reconciliation Problems
First Step: At Very First Check if your Account Opening and Closing Balance is Correct
- Open QuickBooks, and select the Report menu, further click on Banking.
- Select Reconciliation Discrepancy from under the Banking section.
- Now select the account that you are currently reconciling and then hit the OK option.
- Next, verify the report and look for any discrepancies in it.
- Further, get in touch the person who has made changes to the accounts.
- Once you know the reason behind the changes, edit the transactions as per the need.
Second Step: Verify the Missing Checks in the Accounts
- Launch your QuickBooks Desktop app, and select the Report menu, further click the Banking section.
- Select Missing Checks from under the Banking section.
- Now select the account you are reconciling and then click on OK.
- Now review the report for any changes.
- Navigate to the transactions that are on the report but not on the bank statement.
- In case, you found transactions that are not on your bank’s statement, then they shouldn’t be on your reconciliation.
Here in this article we have discussed QuickBooks Reconciliation Problems with its causes and solutions in details. In case, if you find it difficult to resolve reconciliation issues with your bank statement and QuickBooks, then you can always get in touch with the experts at 1.855.738.2784