Sometimes while running the QuickBooks application, issues occur, and the software program stops working. This issue can occur out of nowhere and disrupt the normal functioning of the QB Desktop application. The error can also cause QuickBooks to freeze, and other applications can also get affected. There can be many reasons for the QuickBooks not working issue, including damaged Windows OS files. If your QuickBooks has stopped working, you can go through this blog and perform the steps to resolve the problem effectively.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional assistance from our technical team.
Common Causes for the QuickBooks is Not Opening Issue
- Windows OS files are having some issues, or they might be damaged or corrupted.
- Your system’s hard disk is damaged, or there are some corrupt sectors.
- Your QuickBooks installation process is faulty, or the installation files are damaged.
- Essential QuickBooks files, like the QBWUSER.INI file, are corrupted or missing from your system.
- Your QuickBooks company file name is too long and not as per QuickBooks criteria.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 1327
Steps to Perform When Your QuickBooks Crashes on Startup
If your QuickBooks starts to open then closes, you can follow the steps provided below –
Step 1 – Modify the QBWUSER.INI File Name to Mend the Damage
If the QBWUSER.INI file is not working correctly, you need to fix it to eliminate the QuickBooks will not open issue.
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to the QuickBooks folder to find the QBWUSER.INI file.
- If you don’t see the file, go to the Organize tab and select the Folder and Search Options tab from the top-left corner.
- Under the View tab, checkmark the Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives option and hit Apply.
- Now, right-click the QBWUSER.INI file and select Rename to add .OLD at the end of the file name as a suffix.
- Hit Enter to save the modifications and reopen QuickBooks to check the status of the freezing issue.
You must read this : Convert QuickBooks Online To Desktop
Step 2 – Activate the Diagnostic Tool to Scan QuickBooks for Installation Issues
You can resolve the QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start issue by using the QuickBooks tool hub in the following manner –
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website and follow the on-screen prompts to install it on your PC.
- Open the tool hub and go to the Installation Issues tab to select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool utility.
- Run the tool to resolve the installation errors, and once the tool stops running, rerun QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks Desktop is unresponsive issue is fixed.
If you are facing the QuickBooks not working issue, you can follow the solutions given in this article. Perform the steps, and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QB experts.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 6000 832