A sustainable replacement for conventional lighting is a solar house lighting system. It is appropriate for isolated rural and urban regions that are inaccessible to normal lighting systems.
Due to its geographic position, India experiences 300 sunny days per year. In contrast to conventional lighting, solar lighting depends on sunshine. Solar illumination is a useful alternative as a result. Additionally, solar house lighting systems are an inexpensive and cost-effective solution to save money on power and lessen the carbon imprint. Contact us for Solar Project Management & Consultancy and best price.
What Are Some of the Primary Benefits of Residential Solar Lighting Systems?
Due to growing awareness of the carbon output and damage to the environment caused by the production of energy, solar house lighting systems have seen phenomenal development in both rural and urban regions over recent years. People are more inclined to adopt new, environmentally friendly solutions as a consequence.
However, experts claim that rather than being environmentally friendly, solar illumination is more common in rural regions due to the scarcity of energy and its economic importance.
The major benefits of solar-powered house lighting are:
- Regular kerosene lamps are 20 times less luminous than solar-powered lights.
- Solar-powered lights do not endanger the users’ health and thus are environmentally friendly as well.
- Neither accidents nor any respiratory illnesses are brought on by solar lights.
- They are lightweight and portable.
- A typical battery-powered household solar lamp has a lifespan of up to 5000 cycles. As a result, they seldom require repair or replacement.
Features of Solar Lighting Systems for Homes
Solar house lighting systems are practical in India due to their dependence on sunshine. Home lighting systems have a number of distinguishing qualities, including:
- Solar house lighting systems include all of the necessary parts, including solar cells, a charge controller, a solar battery, and the primary lighting system with lights.
- The energy generated captured by the solar battery powers the solar house lighting systems. Despite their tiny size, solar batteries offer a quick charge rate. For more information visit solluz.
- There are four solar house lighting options, each with a different power output: 18W, 20W, 30W, and 75W.
- To prevent harm, all solar house lighting systems have over-voltage protection and a low battery cut-off.
- Solar house lighting systems are small in size. Any location that receives the most sunlight, such as a rooftop, may simply have them placed.
Use of solar-powered home lighting systems
Solar house lighting systems may be used for a variety of domestic purposes due to their small setup. Several of the most popular uses include:
Interior Lighting – Solar house light systems are mostly used to power indoor lighting. The solar lighting system’s battery can run CFL and LED lights. 9-watt lights or bulbs may be readily lit for a long time by a solar home lighting system with a large-sized battery.
Outdoor Lighting – Users may install solar house illumination systems for outdoor lighting in addition to inside lighting. The lighting system is also appropriate for lighting roads, crossings, and highways. Small Appliance Power – Solar house lighting systems come with a battery that has the capacity to store enough power to run table fans.
Installing solar lights with batteries for a home may be used for more than just lighting. It can also be used to charge portable devices. For instance, the solar battery built into the lighting system may be used to recharge electronics like smartphones.
18W Solar Lighting System for the Home
The simplest and least powerful solar house lighting system is the 18W model. This setup is appropriate for running a table fan and a CFL lamp. In India, the cost of an 18W solar lighting system for a residence varies. The majority of 18W solar lighting systems, however, cost between Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 8,000.
20W Solar Lighting System for the Home
Domestic 20W solar lighting may be used for a variety of tasks. These 20W lighting fixtures can concurrently charge a phone and run LED lights and a table fan. For home use, 20W solar lighting systems range in price from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 13,000.
30W Solar Lighting System for the Home
Both interior and outdoor uses are possible for the 30W solar lighting system. The medium-sized residences intended for this solar home lighting system. The cost of a 30W solar lighting system typically ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 17,000 in India.
75W Solar Lighting System for the Home
The 75W solar home lighting system is a powerful system that is best suited for medium-sized homes. Both interior and outdoor uses are appropriate. Additionally, this lighting setup may function as a street light. Depending on the system’s components, a 75W solar lighting system might cost anywhere between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 25,000. Even though 75W solar lighting systems are pricey, they are economical and need no upkeep.
Read more – Different Gas Stove Types Categorized by Shape