Employers widely use QuickBooks payroll service in small-sized businesses to pay their employee’s salaries and maintain tax records. The software automatically withholds the taxable amount from the expenses and helps users file taxes at the end of the fiscal year. But internal issues like QuickBooks error PS036 can stop users from accessing the payroll data or downloading the service updates. In case this error interrupts you while executing a payroll task on your QuickBooks, continue reading the blog to explore the reasons for this error and the steps to get rid of it.
Speak to a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 for easy troubleshooting ideas to rectify the error.
QuickBooks fosters this payroll error due to the conditions listed below-
- Your subscription to the payroll service has ended, and the software fails to verify the account details.
- Your QuickBooks isn’t activated, or its version is outdated.
- The is a damaged file in the CPS folder, which causes issues when the software tries to process it.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
Apply the solutions given below to rectify this payroll error from QuickBooks on your PC-
Method 1- Ensure you have an active subscription to the QuickBooks payroll service
You’ll encounter this error while downloading the payroll updates or working on your payroll data if you do not have an active subscription to the payroll service. This might result from abnormalities in your billing info while renewing the service. You can resolve the issue by checking the payroll service and re-subscribing it if necessary. Use these steps-
- Go to the No Company open window in QuickBooks by closing all the company files and rebooting your system.
- Launch QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu.
- Click My payroll service and select the Manage Service key in the options.
- Check that your Service Name is correct and the Status is marked Active.
- Tap Edit to reveal the service key number and make changes if it is incorrect.
- Hit Next and single-click the Open payroll setup checkbox to unmark it.
- Click Finish to download the payroll update again.
If the error interrupts the payroll update, apply the next solution.
Read Also: QuickBooks Data Migration Service
Solution 2- Activate your QuickBooks Desktop
This error can also block payroll processes in your QuickBooks if the software isn’t registered. This happens after a recent payroll or software update. QuickBooks will not execute any task until you register QuickBooks Desktop using the steps mentioned below-
- Restart your computer and launch QuickBooks.
- Press F2 in QuickBooks to open the Product Information Window.
- Activated should be marked beside your license number and product details.
- If you see Cancelled, you must register your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Help menu in your QuickBooks and tap Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Enter the information the software asks to verify your user info and reactivate QuickBooks.
- Retry downloading payroll updates or accessing payroll data after your software is activated.
You will not face any issues using your payroll data after applying these methods.
This is the end of our blog explaining the circumstances that trigger QuickBooks error PS036. You also learned the methods needed to rectify the error, which you can use to utilize the payroll service in your QuickBooks without issues.
Speak to a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 if any issues develop while applying the solutions.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Backup Not Working