The QuickBooks error 6000 77 is a company file-related error and occurs when the file is damaged or located in an incorrect folder. There can be a few possible reasons why the error code occurs in QuickBooks. The 6000 error code prevents the user from accessing the company file and needs to be addressed immediately. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 6000 77, follow this article to learn the steps to eliminate it effectively.
If you are unable to resolve the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our team of experts in fixing the issue.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77?
The factors that contribute to the QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 are –
- A damaged or corrupted company file is the most apparent reason behind the error.
- The company file is located in an external storage drive rather than the local drive of your computer.
- Multiple files related to the mapped drive are opened in QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks is running on the multi-user mode and is having communication problems.
- The folder containing the company file is incorrect, or you do not have adequate permission to access it.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6010 100
Addressing the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 Effectively
If you are facing the error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps to resolve it –
Step 1. Create a New Folder on your Desktop to Store the .QBW File
Firstly, you need to change the location of your company file to fix the QuickBooks error message 6000.
- Create a new folder on the C drive of your computer and go to the folder containing your QuickBooks company files.
- Locate the file with the .QBW extension and right-click on it to select Copy.
- Paste the copied file into the newly created folder and provide full access permissions.
- Now, reopen QuickBooks and access the company file from the new location to eliminate the error code.
Step 2. Rename the Network Data and Transaction Log Files to Mend the Damage
Damaged .ND and .TLG files can lead to the QuickBooks company file error 6000 77. To resolve the error, you need to rename these files and fix the damage.
- Go to the QuickBooks File Directory and find the files with .ND and .TLG extensions to access them.
- Right-click the file and select Rename to add .OLD at the end of the file name as a suffix.
- Now, rename all the files with the .ND and .TLG extensions, and once done, re-access the QB company files.
Read Also: QuickBooks data migration service
Step 3. Reconfigure the Firewall Port Settings and Make them Automatic
You need to modify your firewall settings to allow QuickBooks through it and resolve the error 6000.
- Go to the Firewall Port Settings and select Automatic to modify and configure the firewall.
- Manually change exceptions for all firewall ports and install an anti-virus defender to eliminate the issue.
The QuickBooks Error 6000 77 can be easily resolved with the help of the solutions provided above. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 and get the error resolved with the help of our technical team.
Recommended To Read: How to resolve QuickBooks Data Services