Are you facing a QuickBooks crash com error while sending invoices or opening company files? Want to know how to fix the crash pop-up “Com Error”? The QuickBooks crash com error occurs when the Windows or MS Office components are missing. It usually occurs while sending invoices, reports, or transactions. But this Crash com error is easily fixable and just a few steps. In this article, we will help you find a fix for this issue so that you can continue working on QuickBooks smoothly.
If you need any help in fixing the QuickBooks crash com error, then you can call our 1.855.738.2784 to get technical assistance.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
The most common reasons for the crash com error are –
- QuickBooks Desktop is not properly installed.
- A malware infection has infected your PC.
- Some important QuickBooks Installation files have been deleted by mistake.
You may read also : QBCFMonitorService not running
How to Get Rid of the Crash Com Error?
To stop this error, here are the steps you can follow –
Fix 1: Updating QuickBooks
The issue can be fixed by updating QuickBooks to the latest version.
Fix 2: Updating Microsoft Outlook
Updating Outlook to its latest version can help troubleshoot the crash com error. For this –
- Go to File in Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.
Fix 3: Setting up Outlook as your Default Mail
Set your default program mail settings to Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Control Panel, click on Programs > Default Programs.
- Select Mail from the Set your Default Programs tab.
- Select Outlook and you are done.
Fix 4: Email Account Addition to Microsoft Outlook
On your Microsoft Outlook, add an email account to fix the error.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and move to File.
- Select Info > Add Account. Enter your email address.
- Now, click Next. Wait while Outlook selects the server and then press OK.
- Press OK again to complete the Email addition.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15241
Fix 5: Switching your Mail Settings
To toggle your mail settings –
- Go to Control Panel > User Account.
- Choose Microsoft Outlook as your mail.
- Select Show Profile under the Profile tab. Select Outlook.
- Select Always use this Profile > Prompt for a profile to be used. Click on Apply.
- Click on Always use this profile > Apply > OK.
Fix 6: Making a New Outlook Profile
To create a new Microsoft Outlook profile, follow the below steps –
- Close Outlook and go to Control Panel > User Account > Mail.
- Select Show Profiles in the Mail Setup windows and press Add.
- Enter a profile name and select OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then select Apply > OK.
Fix 7: Running QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
Try running QuickBooks in compatibility mode to help resolve the QuickBooks crash com error.
- Select Properties by right-clicking on QuickBooks.
- Go to the Compatibility tab > Run this program in compatibility mode for. Select your Windows OS from the drop-down list.
- Checkmark the Run this program as administrator check-box and select Apply > OK.
Fix 8: Creating a Windows Admin User
Create a Windows user with admin rights and then log on with the new user on the Windows. Try re-opening QuickBooks to see if the error is fixed.
Troubleshoot the QuickBooks crash com error using the above fixes. If you have tried performing all the steps and the error persists, you can get assistance from our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 for advanced troubleshooting.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12152