QuickBooks has been the critical factor in transforming many businesses thatuse its servicesfor bookkeeping and other financial operations. Their account reports are now well managed and stored by QuickBooks for tracking the expenses and creating invoices. These are some of the many perks of QuickBooks. Even being a well-designed software, it is still unsafe against the internal errors that can negatively impact its functioning. QuickBooks Error OL-222 is one of the errors that occurs while the software has problems connecting to the bank for importing transactions. If you came across this error on your QuickBooks, keep reading further to learn the most applicable methods against this error.
For any assistance regarding this issue, reach out to the experts at +1-855-856-0042.
About the error
QuickBooks handles all its financial processes through the user’s enlisted bank account; this guarantees the appropriate progression of all the transactions and invoices. Any issues related to your bank’s server can cause this error in your QuickBooks. It can also restrict you from downloading the transactions from your bank.Every time you try to perform anytasks related to the bank, you’ll receive error codes with a message, “QuickBooks could not complete your process.”
We have mentioned the most common reasons that lead to this error in your QuickBooks-
- The file being imported/exported is damaged and now unreadable
- The file contains invalid characters or symbols
- The version of windows or QuickBooks you are using is outdated
Practical methods to fix this error
Find the most effective solutions against this error below-
Solution 1-Rename the .qbo file
Open Financial Exchange(OFX) doesn’t allowfiles having special characters or symbols in their name; follow the steps to rename your file-
- Go to the folder that carries your company files.
- Lookout for files with .qbo as an extension.
- Right-click on the company file and select Edit.
- Erase & from your file name.
- Click on
If the error is still present, try the next solution.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
Solution 2-Download your file in .qbo format
It may be possible that the company file is in a format not recognized by QuickBooks; follow the steps to download the file in the correct format-
- Go to your bank’s official website from a web browser.
- Fill in your credentials to log in to your account.
- Download your transactional file in .qbo
- Open this file in your QuickBooks.
Try the next solution if you still see an error while opening the file.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6189
Solution 3- Download the transactions using Web connect
Follow the steps below to download your transactions in QuickBooks-
- Click on the Banking menu, go to Bank Feeds and tap on Bank Feeds Center.
- You’ll see the list of all the bank accounts linked to QuickBooks; select the bank account you are trying to access.
- Click on Download transactions.
- Select Synchronize; if you want to download the transactions for a particular account, click on Sync this account and select Sync all for this Bank if you wish toaccess the transactions related to all the accounts you have in a specific bank.
- On the next window, fill in your PIN to connect to the bank.
- Finally, click
We have reached the end of this blog, which consisted of the details about QuickBooks Error OL-222. The probable reasons for the occurrence of this error and effective solutions to counter them were discussed. We hope this blog assisted you with removing this error from your QuickBooks. If you have any more queries, call +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error H202