QuickBooks Error 6000 77 can get triggered in both multi-user mode and single-user mode while accessing the company file, and the error message that appears on the screen due to this error informs the user that the company file cannot be opened due to some technical problem.
This error makes the user unable to switch to any other program on the system, and in some cases, abrupt shutdown of the computer is also possible.
Effective guidance for this error, along with precise solutions, are made available in this blog.
If you want immediate support to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6000 77, just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Main Factors That Provoke 6000 77 Error Code in QuickBooks
The common reasons behind the 6000 77 Error Code in QuickBooks are listed below:
- Corrupted configuration files cause severe technical issues each time the user attempts to access the company file, and often, this results in QB Error 6000 77.
- A damaged folder holding the company file and improper antivirus settings can easily trigger this error by creating obstacles when the user attempts to open up the data file.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks keeps crashing
Precise and Reliable Solutions for 6000 77 Company File Error Message in QuickBooks
The verified solutions to rapidly rectify 6000 77 Company File Error Message in QuickBooks are provided below:
Solution 1: Place a fresh name on the relevant configuration files (Network Data and Transaction Log File) to easily weed out this technical issue
- Attentively search for the essential configuration files with ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ as file extensions (Network Data and Transaction Log File) inside the company file folder, and once you locate those files, you need to right-click on their icons to carefully tap the ‘Rename’ option.
- Move ahead to attach a word like ‘oldtablefile’ at the end of both files’ names as per this example: ‘compscreen.qbw.nd.oldtablefile’ and ‘compscreen.qbw.tlg.oldtablefile’.
- Now, to save the names affixed on the configuration files as per the previous steps, you must tap the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard, after which you will face no problem in accessing your company file.
Solution 2: Easily utilize a UNC path to ensure flawless access to your company file
- Simply reach the icon of the QB Desktop application on your system to right-click on it and then carefully choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option while pressing and holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key on the keyboard until you get the ‘No company open’ window on your computer’s screen.
- Once the ‘No company open’ window turns up on your screen, you must hop to the ‘File’ menu situated on that window, and then you are required to rapidly strike the ‘Open or restore company’ and the ‘Open a company file’ options successively.
- At this step, precisely tap on the ‘Next’ button so that you can go straightaway to the ‘Network’ tab located on the left pane on your system’s screen, and then you can easily reach the correct location of the company file that you intend to open.
- As soon as you reach your desired company file’s location, you can choose your company file and finally strike the ‘Open’ option to access it successfully.
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 can be exterminated effectively through the aforementioned solutions. For more technical help regarding this error, simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Technical Support Team.
Also read: QuickBooks error 6189! How and Why to Fix it