Online video streaming to engage target audiences has become the focal point for any successful digital marketing strategy. This is because 95% of consumers were found connecting to a product or service visually while only 5% consumers responded to other marketing cues. Data too indicates the video streaming growth is accelerating and likely to reach 52% growth by 2025 and is valued at $272 billion market value. Besides businesses are plying video content to reach their mobile-first consumers
Therefore video content distribution is effectively the lifeline of not only communication but for marketing your business as well. But the catch is – to find a video distribution provider who resonates with the needs of your website or services!
Good Reasons to Start your Online Video Streaming Business
Businesses need newer methods and avenues to reach old consumers and newer segments of users or audience. In order to reach a wider audience, a business has to target multiple platforms. A simple one-strategy move to achieve these goals is online video streaming services.
Other reasons you should use online video streaming for your business are:
- Regular profit making– streaming video is profitable as most solution providers allow multiple monetization options. These could be in the forms of SVOD, advertising, or Pay-per-view helping you earn steadily and post month-to-month return on investment
- Creative Control remains with you – online video streaming gives you artistic freedom and you continue to exercise full control on the stream. It gives you more control on ad-revenues pricing, advertising and other revenue-earning options with features like geo-targeting
- Simple Setting- Up process – online video streaming gives you other advantages like freedom to work from anywhere, and whenever to shoot video anywhere
- Consumers can be from anywhere – Best video streaming platforms will open business doors and allow you to access consumers and win audience from any part of the world
- Secured streaming – online video streaming supports safe and secure content delivery ensuring protection from piracy or leaks seen on free video hosting services. In contrast, a branded online video platform offers a safe avenue to stream content. The providers typically include encrypted streaming, access control, watermarking, DRM, password protection and domain control.
All of these reasons prove that an online streaming platform will give your digital media assets the right ecosystem to be published.
In fact, online streaming is no longer just education platforms or Over-the-top entertainment platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is about transforming business communications as well. Since a business app is the common denominator for peer-to-peer transactions and consumer-to-consumer community or consumer-to-business interaction via in-app video and audio chats, online streaming platforms move the whole paradigm forward!
Online video streaming providers handle all the behind-the-scenes technical processes, including performance analysis of your content, bundling the entire video distribution complexity without you having to write any complex code!
Why is Choosing the Right Online Video Streaming Solution Important?
In an overcrowded market, an online video streaming services has to be weighed against the following six factors so that choosing your provider becomes simplified.
(1) Viewing Experience:
- Deliver the user experience you seek for your target audience. The viewing experience should match user expectations.
- Consistent video quality across all the device ranges.
- Distractions should be minimized especially with advertisements. This can be handled by customizing the features according to the preference of the target audience.
(2) Monetizing the Videos
Videos make a great storytelling medium. Good quality video content drives immense value to a business. But a key contributor to such monetization is the video hosting service. The provider should technically support and add value via analytics
(3) Performance Monitoring
Analytics is the backbone of every business performance, and online video marketing as well. And the video streaming platform should offer analytical tools that will review the performance of your videos, understand efficiencies using key performance indicators and act as an interface.
(4) Securing Data
- Content security and prevention against piracy
- Move between private and public viewing along with scale to ensure secure cloud access and secure distribution
(5) How popular is the hosting service for the visibility factor of your videos?
While quality of content has to be good, the distribution efficiency of the video streaming solution provider is critical. The hosting service provider will have internalized allocation and legal frame guidelines, compliance in structuring its distribution strategy.
(6) Unique features
Special features that video hosting services offer give the business its branded edge. For example, Video transcoding feature helps multi-device streaming or live video streaming and ingestion.
Video distribution is a mechanism which has the power to reach and impact the quality of the published content and its acceptance by users. The medium for publication should play a significant role as it has to match the audience. This helps the business in retaining and engaging users with Quality Services. The business will be able to achieve monetary balance by publishing on such a platform while the users have maximum satisfaction from the platform. Businesses can expand their footprint by monetizing the video content they hold and ensuring strategic revenue earnings. Choose the right video delivery mechanism and ensure a successful marketing strategy!