QuickBooks is a financial accounting application designed by Intuit for the small and medium-size business organization. Bugs and glitches in QuickBooks are so annoying such as QuickBooks Error 15106. This bug is basically a payroll update error which simply means that there are some issues which are stopping the application to update all version of QuickBooks Desktop.
In this blog, we will discuss the best 2 solutions to troubleshoot error 15106 along with the possible causes. If you face any trouble, while following the process, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 to get an expert’s advice.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
QuickBooks users generally face error 15106, when they try to update payroll or QuickBooks Desktop. The error comes up with an error message stating:
The primary reason behind this error is the anti-virus application installed in the system blocking the update. Besides this, various other reasons trigger this error while installing the QuickBooks latest update.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6155
What are the possible reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106?
- Anti-virus application installed in the system could be the primary reason behind this error.
- The error can also occur if the user is not logged in as administrator and do not have admin credentials to read and write new files.
- Inappropriate Windows User Account Control Settings could also be one of the major reason.
2 Effective Solutions For QuickBooks Error Code 15106
(Solution 1) Turn Off UAC
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Type Control Panel in the box and click OK.
- Now, click on System and Security and choose Security and Maintenance.
- After that, under Security, you will find the User Account Control option.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Move your cursor down and set it to Never Notify.
- Click OK.
- Finally, if UAC prompts, click on Yes.
- Check the status of QuickBooks Error 15106. Follow the next solution if error doesn’t get resolved.
(Solution 2) Log in as an Administrator.
- Press Windows + R simultaneously on your keyboard to open the RUN box.
- Type Control Panel and click OK.
- Go to User Accounts and login as Admin.
- If you are already logged in as Admin, then- close QuickBooks application.
- Now, go to QB Desktop icon, right-click and select Run as administrator.
- Finally, you have all admin rights.
Hopefully, by following the above 2 solutions, you must be able to resolve QuickBooks Enterprise Error 15106.
Seeking more help
In this blog, we have discussed how to deal with QuickBooks Error 15106. If you are still searching for “QuickBooks Error 15106 while updating payroll”, then contact us at our helpline number 1.855.738.2784. Our expert team members will assist your query.
Read also : How do you remain secure while operating QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Services?